Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm.
We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, we value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving 1B AUM in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us to establish Gentai as a financial brand in Canada!
Come join us as our VP, Investments! We are seeking an experienced sales professional who will be a key partner to our fund-raising team. You would be responsible for capital-raising activities and business development as part of the Company’s business strategy. This is a pivotal role in the Company’s long-term success. The VP, Investments has a strong entrepreneur spirit and can build a team from the ground up to advance our mortgage investment funds program.
Our VP, Investments would be an independent thinker, a leader, intellectually sharp, demonstrating clear action and results . Success will be due to your integrity, strength of character, and courage to lead change, to achieve top performance and to build and strengthen relationships. You are also a collaborative and approachable team member who epitomizes Gentai’s values, and it is important to you to be a great role model for your team.
The successful candidate will have alternative investment sales experience and a track record of excelling in directing sales strategies. This position is in Richmond, BC.
Include but not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute the business plan including business strategies to achieve the Company’s fund-raising sales target.
- Build a roadmap and execute it to achieve the Company’s business goal by identifying key strategies to penetrate bank-owned and independent dealer firms, and the financial advisory community (IIROC, MFDA, EMD and Discretionary PM firms)
- Lead the investment product approval process at various financial advisory firms, including developing and implementing strategies and obtaining buy-in and commitments from advisors.
- Engage in business development and prospecting activities by building and maintaining relationships with advisors.
- Review and suggest updates to marketing and support materials.
- Assist with the development of marketing strategies and marketing events to increase awareness of Gentai’s brand within the investment community.
- Speak at professional conferences and on panels in support of brand-building efforts and attend key sales meetings for the institutional / wholesale business.
- Undergraduate degree in business, financial, economics or other related discipline
- 15+ years of experience in product development/investment/asset management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with investment product sales at both the wholesale and individual level. The network of existing relationships must be proven and seen.
- Professional designation such as CFA, CA, CIM, CFP, preferred.
- Alternative or private investment market experience is an asset.
- Excellent networking, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, highly self-motivated, results-focused, with a strong work ethic and high level of discipline
- Proven capital raising relationships.
- Professional business acumen, strong work ethics, high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced, strong growth environment.
- Track record of success with business development.
- Strong relationship building and management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products