Gentai Capital Corporation is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm. In 2022, Gentai Capital Corporation is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years!
We are well-positioned to expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading non-bank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, and value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for highly motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving $1 Billion Asset Under Management in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us!
Come join us as Underwriting Assistant and be part of our dedicated lending professional team! This role provides underwriting support and assistance to the Senior Underwriter. If you are professional, take initiative and motivated to learn and grow, you can build a rewarding and sustainable career journey with us!
- Assist the origination team to process and package mortgage applications for the Underwriting team.
- Support the origination team to communicate with the brokers to collect the documents and to clarify the material status of the borrowers.
- Review all documentations submitted from the brokers to ensure all conditions are fulfilled according to the executed commitment letters.
- Liaise with Brokers and the Underwriting Team to communicate status of applications and follow up on outstanding requirements accordingly.
- Review and audit all files prior to loan funding or drawing and ensure all information in the file is accurate, complete, and consistent with information recorded in the system.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service while fielding mortgage broker inquiries and maintaining broker relationships.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as required and assigned.
- Post secondary education in related field and or equivalent education and work experience.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant mortgage experience in the financial services industry (alternative mortgage market preferred)
- Working knowledge of credit/mortgage loan underwriting practices, risk analysis approach and appraisal process for the typical conditions and requirements of obtaining a mortgage.
- Familiarity with mortgage process documents, i.e., Mortgage Statements, Purchase & Sale Agreement, T4A, T1, NOAs, Tax Bill, and Insurance Policy document, etc.
- Sub Mortgage Broker license preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly, accurately and with high attention to detail to meet tight timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize, balance multiple tasks and high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong work ethics, accountability and demonstrated ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word