Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm.
We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, we value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving 1B AUM in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us!
The role is responsible for providing comprehensive portfolio monitoring support across all funds. This includes conducting regular reporting & analysis and the ongoing monitoring of portfolio performance. The incumbent is expected to possess excellent multitasking and time management skills in order to efficiently handle various tasks and projects within tight deadlines.
The successful candidate for this role should possess 1) sound understanding of accounting and financial analyses 2) extensive advanced spreadsheet skills 3) attention to detail and 4) passion to work with data and analyses.
- Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Modelling: Build spreadsheet-based financial models as needed and analyze portfolio performance and projections to support the management decision utilizing extensive spreadsheet formulas and functions (ifs, index, match, Macro, pivot table, etc.).
- Reporting & Analysis: Prepare regular reports for management team, internal departments as well as external stakeholders such as investors and regulators. These reports provide an overview of portfolio performance, key metrics, and insights to facilitate informed decision-making and mandate.
- Liquidity Monitoring: Continuously monitor and track Liquidity Report on a daily basis to summarize the funds’ performance. This involves analyzing liquidity positions, cash flows, and related metrics to ensure adequate liquidity levels and compliance requirements.
- Portfolio Management: Perform ongoing reconciliation of the portfolios to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in the loan servicing systems. This involves verifying loan information, payment records, and related data to maintain data integrity and support efficient post-funding MBS transactions.
- Mortgage Servicing: Assist the manager in exploring the servicing business, onboarding credit investors and improve the mortgage servicing solutions provided to investors.
- Act as a liaison between the Operations team and the external partners, also working closely with the internal accounting department.
- Work with underwriters to administer loan renewals, prepare renewal agreements and update data in the servicing system.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting or Data Science and Analytics or related work experience.
- Must have 1 + years demonstrated modelling, analytical, reporting, and financial skills.
- 1+ years’ experience as portfolio analyst or related role preferred.
- Expert level and advanced skills with Excel to include formulas, pivot tables, charting etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while handling competing priorities to meet tight timelines.
- Strong technical skills along with proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving & decision-making abilities.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and demonstrates initiative.
- High degree of consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills.