Gentai Capital Corporation is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors consistent, above-average, absolute returns, specializing in originating, funding and servicing residential and commercial mortgage investments nationwide. We provide customized construction and conventional real estate financing services to builders, developers and real estate owners. In addition, we provide loan servicing, asset management and other related alternative investment services to investors through Genesis Mortgage Investment Corp. and Gentai Residential Mortgage Fund.
We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm with over $260 million in assets under management. Our success can be attributed to a mindful approach and a remarkable team. We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of distinguished alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode and we are looking for motivated, self-starters who want to contribute to a great mission! Achieving $1 billion in assets under management by 2027 is our near-term goal. This is an amazing opportunity to join a dynamic company with plenty of opportunities to show off your skills.
We are seeking a Mortgage Funding Officer that is looking to bring their career to the next level while establishing themselves professionally within a supportive team of like-minded individuals. This role will report to the VP, Operation and be supported by the other professionals in the department.
The role is responsible for instructing, advancing, and closing mortgage files. The role will work closely with Company’s legal counsels to process the mortgage conveyance and ensure the loans fund as per the approval. A light audit per individual file is required to ensure lending policy and guidelines are met.
A demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods and a strong attention to accuracy are key for the success made in this position.
Daily job descriptions will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and send instructional package to Company’s lawyers, and liaise with lawyers to answer questions and collect outstanding conditions.
- Provide status updates on daily basis, communicate changes, and escalate issues to Underwriter and Credit Analyst for review and decision.
- Review the Request for Funds from lawyers to ensure net advance amount is accurate.
- Verify all conditions are met or exception approvals received in place before sending request to President for advancing of proceeds.
- Review and save lawyer’s legal documentation to ensure it corresponds to the approved commitment terms.
- Follow up with lawyers to collect outstanding documents and undertakings such as fully signed commitment letter, final reports, insurance certificate to ensure all security docs are in good order.
- Update Liquidity Report pipelines on daily basis to ensure deals instructing and funding status are current.
- Confirm loan data is complete and accurate in Dolphin system and set up Pre-Authorized Debit information for Accounting team to process monthly payments.
- Ensure accurate record keeping in an organized way and that all records are stored and retained to meet Company standards.
- BBA or similar post-education in accounting, business administration, or finance
- A minimum of 3 years of extensive financial industry experience, preferably within alternative lending industry
- Sub-mortgage Broker Licence, or willing to complete the course in 3 months
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Competency in MS Office; capacity to learn new technologies/systems
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage documents / Commitment Letter / Administration documents
- Related legal terminology in mortgage lending
- Strategic thinker with a strong “business sense”
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary and bonus
- Extended health benefits paid for 100% by the Company
- RRSP matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave