Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm.
We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, we value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving 1B AUM in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us!
We are seeking a Fund Accountant that is looking to bring their career to the next level while establishing themselves professionally within a supportive team of like-minded individuals. This role will report to the Manager, Fund Accounting and working closely within the team, as well as with several other internal departments and external service providers.
- Perform daily accounting entries for assigned funds and entities
- Record daily transactions of the assigned funds and entities
- Perform monthly and quarterly fund processes, including distribution calculations for unit holders, management fee calculations, and other monthly management reporting items
- Manage the receivables and payables functions which includes invoice payment and deposits
- Prepare monthly financial working papers and financial statements
- Perform bank and account reconciliations (mortgages, investments and others as needed)
- Scan and store files
- Prepare and assist with the annual audit process and other compliance reporting
- Assist with tax filing process which includes preparing slips, filing returns and liaising with third party tax accountants
- Prepare supporting schedules for offering memorandum and prospectus; collaborate on financial analysis and marketing support related to the funds and/or institutional clients
- Build up a strong understanding of the unique characteristics of our funds and become a subject matter expert within the company on technical fund-related matters
- Draft internal control documentation and reports as needed
- Identify any issues or irregularities with accounting records or funding activities and correct accordingly
- Other responsibilities and projects, as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience, prior fund accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge and experience of reporting under IFRS, and ASPE
- Experience in the mortgage, investment, or real estate industry an asset but not required
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and critical thinking abilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office with advanced excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly, accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to balance multiple priorities and high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment, to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong work ethics, accountability and demonstrated ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Working towards a CPA designation
- Dolphin system or similar MIC Manager software experience an asset.