Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm.
We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, we value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving 1B AUM in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us!
Come join us as our Business Development Manager, Residential Lending! Join our dedicated lending professional team to promote and grow our Gentai brand to local brokerage firms! This role reports to the Executive Vice President, Lending. This position is in Richmond, BC.
- Build a strategic business plan to manage and grow the BC portfolio to drive success by setting and meeting targets and objectives.
- Identifying opportunities and cultivating strategic partnerships that contribute to target and growth objectives.
- Deliver training and coaching to partner Brokers regarding our product and services.
- Sourcing, identifying growth markets and potential growth strategies by being proactively current on market trends and competitors.
- Mediating and supporting relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
- Identifying and attending key events.
- Assist in preparing residential mortgage applications.
- Package and prepare mortgage applications for the Underwriting team.
- Liaising between Broker and the Underwriting Team.
- On-going communication with Brokers on the status of their applications.
- Send out mortgage commitments.
- Collect documents from brokers and ensure mortgage conditions are met.
- Build and manage relationships with broker partners.
- Regularly updating the status of each file in the pipeline
- Post graduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender.
- Must hold a Mortgage Broker license.
- Professionalism, highly self-motivated, positive attitude, and charismatic personality.
- Ability to originate and manage high application volumes of residential mortgages.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks according to deadlines.
- Track record of success with business development
- Strong relationship building and management experience.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the issues and trends within the Canadian residential mortgage industry, including but not limited to risk management, alternative lending over residential mortgages, default management etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, advanced Excel skills
- Ability to travel nationally.