Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm.
We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, we value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving 1B AUM in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us!
Come join us as our Intermediate Accountant! Join our dedicated finance team. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Accounting, Manager and will be responsible for managing the accounting tasks related to the management company, Exempt Market Dealer (EMD), and several smaller entities. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration and a professional accounting designation such as CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant).
- Prepare monthly working papers for the management company, Exempt Market Dealer, and smaller entities, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Oversee the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes for all entities, ensuring timely payments and collections.
- Monitor excess working capital and bond coverage for the Exempt Market Dealer, calculating and reporting on a regular basis.
- Calculate management fees, commissions, and trailer fees accurately and promptly.
- Conduct revenue, accounts payable/receivable, and bank reconciliations with attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Reconcile inter-company transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare a detailed summary of shareholders’ working papers.
- Review and post monthly invoices on the system, verifying data and ensuring accuracy.
- Prepare weekly cash flow projections for smaller entities, analyzing and reporting on trends.
- Review and reconcile employee expenses and post reimbursements in QuickBooks, maintaining accurate records.
- Assist the Senior Accountant and Corporate Accounting Manager with audit-related inquiries and other assigned tasks.
- Monitor and renew business licenses, broker licenses, and regulatory filings, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Process credit card payments and reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate and order cheques for various entities, ensuring timely payment.
- Perform a completeness check for commitment fees and renewal fees prior to revenue reconciliation.
- Prepare a comprehensive working paper for month-end, including a PPE schedule, investment schedule report, accruals schedule, revenue reconciliation, commission income, rental income, accrued liabilities, accounts payable and receivable summaries, general ledgers, balance sheet, and income statements, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration and a professional accounting designation such as CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant).
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, preferably in the banking, mortgage investment industry or a related field
- Good understanding of accounting principles, mortgage investment industry regulations, tax laws, and financial reporting standards (IFRS) and tax knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks, technical proficiency.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling skills
- Advanced EXCEL skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze financial data, identify trends and patterns, and interpret complex financial information.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively with other members of the finance team and other departments within the company.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, accuracy and results driven.
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to balance multiple priorities and high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and effective written communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, solid work ethics and demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to operate as a strategic thinker within a growth-oriented environment.