We are looking for a Vice President, Origination to join our team based in Vancouver or Toronto. Your primary responsibility will be to originate commercial mortgages in the BC, Alberta, or Ontario Markets. As an Originator, you will have exclusive access to the Gentai Capital Corporation funds. Your role will focus on advancing the Company as the leading provider of non-prime commercial mortgages by proactively selling and marketing Gentai’s products. Your focus is on real-estate mortgage origination, building, and maintaining client relationships. This position is available to be based in Vancouver or Toronto.
This role presents the opportunity for significant earning potential allowing the successful candidate material earnings with no limit at Gentai Capital Corporation. You will become part of a winning and seasoned commercial mortgage team. If you have solid contacts and strong networking skills in the industry, you should consider this role. You will utilize your outstanding communication skills, the commercial mortgage skills, the ability to manage conditions of credit, regulatory compliance experience, and sound decision-making skills to originate non-banking commercial real estate deals. You are dynamic and like to challenge and grow your career.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in commercial mortgage lending at a mortgage investment corporation, equivalent or a major Financial Institution
- Postgraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: finance, economics, urban land development, accounting, or business administration
- Proven strong communicator with an ability to problem-solve, negotiate, and manage conflict
- Experienced in creating and delivering business presentations and public speaking
- An entrepreneurial mindset able to create flexible financing solutions for borrowers
- Demonstrate sound credit judgment
- Ability to provide alternate solutions based on product availability
- Possess the ability to understand financial statements
- Have your Mortgage Broker License or obtain one prior to starting the role