Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm. Our growth can be attributed to a mindful approach and a remarkable team. Having over $366 million in assets under management by managing Genesis Mortgage Investment Corp and Gentai Residential Mortgage Fund, we are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who want to contribute to a great mission! Achieving $1Billion AUM in 2027 is our near-term goal. This is an amazing opportunity to join a company with rapid growth and plenty of opportunities to show off your skills.
Come join us as our Manager, Fund Accounting! Are you looking to bring your career to the next level where your guidance and support will have an impact with the success of the company? This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated accounting professional team as we continue to build out and scale Gentai’s mortgage investment fund management, mortgage origination and administration services. This role focuses on fund management accounting, financial modelling, financial analysis, and mortgage administration services. Additionally, you will be responsible for hiring, managing, and coaching a team of Fund Accountants (junior and mid level) and drive impact to the growing department. You will have a significant opportunity to contribute/shape the direction of the function and in so doing, help to deliver a best-in-class experience to our investors. This role will report to the CFO and work collaboratively with the accounting team along with other internal departments and external service providers.
- Provide support to CFO with strategic decisions regarding team buildout and operational policies and procedures
- Lead efforts in developing and improving fund management and administration workflows, applying best practices and process efficiencies
- Assist CFO to identify product development opportunities, building up financial modelling, conducting financial analysis, fund performance analysis, routing technical, product feedback to the capital raise and mortgage origination teams
- Hire, train and manage a team of fund accountants
- Serve as a technical accounting expert and key advisor on significant business/accounting decisions for the team
- Review and perform accounting, analytical, & financial reporting duties; ensuring client and investor activity reporting is prepared and completed appropriately
- Review investor allocations used to generate investor statements, conduct dividends, and yield calculations, and organize the distributions once approved by the Senior Management Team in accordance with investors’ asset and fund level performance metrics and financial reporting
- Oversee annual audits on the Funds and related entities with support by the rest of team members
- Responsible for reporting to the regulators
- Work closely with the mortgage operations team to manage the mortgage portfolio within accounting terms
- 10+ years of audit and fund accounting experience with exposure to Mortgage Investment Entities (MIE)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field required
- CPA designation preferred
- 1+ years leadership/supervisory experience
- Hands-on experience building new financial models
- Comfortable with ambiguity and solutions focused within a hyper-growth environment
- Experience with fund-level accounting and reporting including complex fund structures and consolidations
- Advanced understanding of complex accounting transactions, mortgage investment entity structures, and reporting requirements for MIE
- Advanced knowledge of Mortgage Portfolio in terms of asset type, asset allocation, Rate of Return, distributions, and capital redemption calculations
- Advanced EXCEL skills and a desire to use technology to improve business operations
- Experience building new processes and efficiencies, implementing new systems, and scoping out system requirements
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to details, highly organized and results driven
- Excellent verbal and effective written communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, solid work ethics and demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Ability to operate as a strategic thinker within a growth-oriented environment.
Hybrid, 1 day work from home for the right candidate