We are seeking a Fund Accountant that is looking to bring their career to the next level while establishing themselves professionally within a supportive team of like-minded individuals. This role will report to the Manager, Fund Accounting and working closely within the team, as well as with several other internal departments and external service providers.
- Perform daily accounting entries for assigned funds and entities
- Record daily transactions of the assigned funds and entities
- Perform monthly and quarterly fund processes, including distribution calculations for unit holders, management fee calculations, and other monthly management reporting items
- Manage the receivables and payables functions which includes invoice payment and deposits
- Prepare monthly financial working papers and financial statements
- Perform bank and account reconciliations (mortgages, investments and others as needed)
- Scan and store files
- Prepare and assist with the annual audit process and other compliance reporting
- Assist with tax filing process which includes preparing slips, filing returns and liaising with third party tax accountants
- Prepare supporting schedules for offering memorandum and prospectus; collaborate on financial analysis and marketing support related to the funds and/or institutional clients
- Build up a strong understanding of the unique characteristics of our funds and become a subject matter expert within the company on technical fund-related matters
- Draft internal control documentation and reports as needed
- Identify any issues or irregularities with accounting records or funding activities and correct accordingly
- Other responsibilities and projects, as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working towards a CPA designation with at least 3 years’ related experience
- Knowledge and experience of reporting under IFRS, and ASPE
- Experience in the mortgage, investment, or real estate industry an asset but not required
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and critical thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly, accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to balance multiple priorities and high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced excel skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Competitive Annual Salary and annual bonus program
- Office-based position out of our Richmond location
- Extended Health Benefits 100% paid by the company
- RRSP matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Personal Floating Days