Gentai Capital Corporation is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors consistent, above-average, absolute returns, specializing in originating, funding and servicing residential and commercial mortgage investments nationwide. We provide customized conventional and construction real estate financing services to real estate owners, builders and developers. In addition, we provide loan servicing, asset management and other related alternative investment services to investors through Genesis Mortgage Investment Corp. and Gentai Residential Mortgage Fund.
We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm with over $270 million in assets under management. Our success can be attributed to a mindful approach and a remarkable team. We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of distinguished alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode and we are looking for motivated, self-starters who want to contribute to a great mission! Achieving $1 billion in assets under management by 2027 is our near-term goal. This is an amazing opportunity to join a dynamic company with plenty of opportunities to show off your skills
We are looking for a Credit Analyst in Commercial Mortgage who is a hardworking, proactive and creative individual, is looking to bring their career to the next level while establishing themselves professionally within a supportive team of like-minded individuals. This role will report to the Executive Vice President, Lending and work with the Originators.
- Support the originators in the evaluation of mortgage financing opportunities;
- Assist in the preparation of financial analysis, underwriting models and investment presentations for consideration by the Credit Committee;
- Assist in the due diligence and closing process of mortgages funded by Genesis Mortgage Investment Corp. and the assigned lenders;
- Actively work on marketing and business leads on behalf of the originators when required;
- Liaise with clients, consultants, and partners while maintaining our reputation for professionalism and excellent customer service;
- Work with the team on quarterly asset management reports for various funds;
- Ongoing market research of the Toronto, Ontario and Eastern Canada real estate markets.
- Detailed knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area & the various municipalities in Eastern Canada;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and financial skills;
- Passion for real estate/finance;
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word;
- Strong problem solving & decision making abilities;
- Highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and attention to detail;
- Team oriented, courteous and professional
- Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information
- Sub-Mortgage Broker Licence is a Must for this role. If not currently licenced, exam for mortgage broker licence must be passed within 3 month of employment