Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is once again named one of Canada’s Top-Growing Companies by The Globe and Mail, 4th time in the past 4 years! GCC is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm.
We are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender. We relentlessly pursue the principles of honesty and trust, we value our shareholders, borrowers, and our dedicated professional employees.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who have a passion to contribute to a great mission of achieving 1B AUM in 2027! Here is an amazing opportunity to build your career journey with us!
We are looking for a Credit Analyst in Commercial Mortgage who has strong work ethics, results oriented and solution focused looking to bring their career to the next level while establishing themselves professionally within a supportive team of like-minded individuals. This role will report to the Executive Vice President, Lending and work with the Originators.
- Support the originators in the evaluation of mortgage financing opportunities;
- Assist in the preparation of financial analysis, underwriting models and investment presentations for consideration by the Credit Committee;
- Assist in the due diligence and closing process of mortgages funded by Genesis Mortgage Investment Corp. and the assigned lenders;
- Actively work on marketing and business leads on behalf of the originators when required;
- Liaise with clients, consultants, and partners while maintaining our reputation for professionalism and excellent customer service;
- Work with the team on quarterly asset management reports for various funds;
- Ongoing market research of the Toronto, Ontario and Eastern Canada real estate markets.
- 2+ years’ experience as credit analyst or related role
- Detailed knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area & the various municipalities in Eastern Canada
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Passion for real estate/finance, experience in commercial mortgage preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while handling competing priorities to meet tight timelines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Strong problem solving & decision-making abilities
- Highly motivated, demonstrates initiative and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills
- Professional with a sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information
- Sub-Mortgage Broker License is a Must for this role. If not currently licensed, exam for mortgage broker license must be passed within 3 months of employment