Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is one of Canada’s fastest-growing company with a 10-year track record of earning investors a stable return (8%) and now managing the investments for two funds, Genesis MIC and GERF, a mutual fund trust. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm. Our growth can be attributed to a mindful approach and a remarkable team. Having reached $185 million in assets under management, we are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who want to contribute to a great mission! This is an amazing opportunity to join a company with rapid growth and plenty of opportunities to show-off your skills!
Gentai is looking to build a mortgage solution for Canadians who want a fast, simple and personal experience with their mortgage lender. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Business Development Manager, Residential Mortgages oversees the Gentai brand growth.
The role will report into the Executive Vice President, Lending.
- Assisting in preparing residential mortgage applications.
- Package and prepare mortgage applications for Underwriting team.
- Liaising between Broker and the Underwriting Team.
- Communicating with Brokers on the status of their applications.
- Sending out mortgage commitments.
- Collecting documents from brokers and ensuring mortgage conditions are met.
- Managing relationships with broker partners.
- Regularly updating the status of each file in the pipeline
- Communicating with staff
- Building a business plan to manage and grow the Alberta portfolio.
- Setting aggressive regional targets and achieving same.
- Identifying opportunities and cultivating strategic partnerships that contribute to target and growth objectives.
- Delivering training and coaching to partner Brokers.
- Sourcing intel on market trends and competitors.
- Identifying growth markets and potential growth strategies in line with business objectives.
- Mediating and supporting relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
- Identifying and attending key events. Some travel may be required.
- Following corporate policies as they relate to behavior, communication, risk, relationships and personal conduct.
- Undergraduate degree with minimum five years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender.
- Must hold a Mortgage Broker license.
- Ability to originate and manage high application volumes of residential mortgages.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks according to deadlines.
- Advance skills in using and creating spreadsheets.
- Business development experience.
- Have leadership mentality with a track record of success.
- Effective presentation, communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Understanding issues relating to the Canadian residential mortgage industry, including but not limited to: risk management, alternative lending over residential mortgages, default management etc.
- University degree and competence using spreadsheets
Compensation and Benefits Details
- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Competitive Annual Salary, Variable Comp Plan, and Annual Bonus Program
- Hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm EST
- Extended Health Benefits paid for 100% by the company
- RRSP matching
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave