Gentai is looking to build a mortgage solution for Canadians who want a fast, simple, and personal experience with their mortgage lender. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the BDM, Residential Mortgage oversees the Gentai brand growth, the role may be filled in the Vancouver or Toronto region
What you will be responsible for:
- Building a business plan to manage and grow the BC, AL, and ON portfolio.
- Setting aggressive regional targets and achieving the same.
- Identifying opportunities and cultivating strategic partnerships that contribute to target and growth objectives.
- Delivering training and coaching to partner Brokers
- Sourcing intel on market trends and competitors
- Identify potential growth strategies in line with business objectives.
- Mediating and supporting relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
- Identifying and attending key events. Some travel may be required.
- Following corporate policies as they relate to behavior, communication, risk, relationships, and personal conduct.
- Leadership skills to grow and manage the residential mortgage business
Work experience and education:
- Minimum five years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender.
- Business development experience.
- Track record of success
- Leadership mentality
- Effective presentation, communication, and listening skills.
- Understanding issues relating to the Canadian mortgage industry, including but not limited to: risk management, alternative lending over residential mortgages, default management, etc.
- University degree and competence using spreadsheets