Gentai is looking to build a mortgage solution for Canadians who want a fast, simple and personal experience with their mortgage lender. Reporting to the VP Residential Mortgages, the Business Development Assistant oversees the Gentai brand growth. This is a great opportunity for someone with a Mortgage Broker license to work closely with a seasoned business development executive to grow into a Business Development Manager role.
The role will report into the VP Residential Mortgages, Lending.
- Assisting in preparing residential mortgage applications.
- Providing assistance to VP Residential Mortgages, to package and prepare mortgage applications for Underwriting team.
- Liaising between Broker and the Underwriting Team.
- Communicating with Brokers on the status of their applications.
- Sending out mortgage commitments.
- Collecting documents from brokers and ensuring mortgage conditions are met.
- Managing relationships with broker partners.
- Regularly updating the status of each file in the pipeline.
- Communicating with staff.
- Assisting the VP Residential Mortgages in growing the BC, AB and ON portfolio.
- Sourcing intel on trends and competitors.
- Identifying potential growth strategies in line with business objectives.
- Mediating and supporting relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
- Identifying and attending key events. Some travel may be required.
- Following corporate policies as they relate to behavior, communication, risk, relationships and personal conduct.
- Post graduate degree with minimum two years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender.
- Must hold a Mortgage Broker license.
- Ability to manage high application volumes.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks according to deadlines.
- Advance skills in using and creating spreadsheets.
- Business development experience.
- Have leadership mentality with a track record of success.
- Effective presentation, communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Understanding issues relating to the Canadian mortgage industry, including but not limited to: risk management, alternative lending over residential mortgages, default management etc.
- Competence using spreadsheets
- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Competitive Annual Salary, Variable Comp Plan
- Office-based position out of our Richmond location
- Hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Extended Health Benefits paid for 100% by the company
- RRSP matching