Business Development Manager (BDM), Residential Mortgage – Job Description:
Gentai Capital Corporation (GCC) is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with a 10-year track record of earning investors a consistent absolute above-average return, specializing in both residential and commercial mortgage national wide. We have established ourselves as a strong and conservative alternative investment firm. Our growth can be attributed to a mindful approach and a remarkable team. Having over $260 million in assets under management by managing Genesis Mortgage investment Corp and Gentai Residential Mortgage Fund, we are well-positioned to grow into new markets and expand our offer of great alternative investments to investors as an asset manager and provide mortgage solutions to homeowners, developers, and real estate investors as a leading nonbank mortgage lender.
We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is in complete growth mode – we are looking for motivated, self-starters who want to contribute to a great mission! Achieving 1B AUM in 2027 is our near-term goal. This is an amazing opportunity to join a company with rapid growth and plenty of opportunities to show off your skills.
Gentai is seeking a seasonal Business Development Manager, Residential Mortgage to join the team as a key member to grow the residential mortgage book in Ontario. This is a newly created position in Ontario, reporting to the Executive Vice President, Lending. The role may be filled in the GTA or surrounding region.
What you will be responsible for:
• Building a business plan to manage and grow the Ontario portfolio.
• Setting aggressive regional targets and achieving same.
• Identifying opportunities and cultivating strategic partnerships that contribute to target and growth objectives.
• Delivering training and coaching to partner Brokers
• Sourcing intel on market trends and competitors
• Identify potential growth strategies in line with business objectives.
• Mediating and supporting relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
• Identifying and attending key events. Some travel may be required.
• Following corporate policies as they relate to behavior, communication, risk, relationships and personal conduct.
• Leadership skills to grow and manage the residential mortgage business
Work experience and education:
• Minimum five years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender.
• Business development experience.
• Track record of success
• Entrepreneur mentality
• Effective presentation, communication and listening skills.
• Understanding issues relating to the Canadian mortgage industry, including but not limited to: risk management, alternative lending over residential mortgages, default management etc.
• Sub-Mortgage Broker Licence is a must
• University degree and competence using spreadsheets
• Full-Time, Permanent Position
• Competitive base Salary, plus variable Program
• Extended Health Benefits paid for 100% by the company
• RRSP matching
• Paid Vacation and Sick Leave